Round 1 - Geography - “All Leeds aren’t we”
1. Which of these was not created in Leeds?
‘catseye’ reflective road studs
2. What is Leeds twin city and how is this commemorated?
3. The first motion picture was shot in 1888 by Louis le Prince, but in which Leeds location did this take place?
4. This photo was taken in the 1930s; can you name this popular Leeds location?
5. Fill in the missing lyrics to the Leeds song:
“We've been through it all together,
And we've had our ups and downs,
We're gonna stay with you forever,
… [MISSING LINE] …”
Round 2 - Global
“Fantastic Feasts and where to find them”
1. Which of these is a not genuine local delicacy?
Pickled Lalage eggs
Jellied Moose Nose
Birds Nest Soup
2. Pavlova is the national dish of which country?
3. Originating in Puerto Rico, the Pina Colada has 3 key ingredients. What are they?
4. What is the literal translation for the French dish ‘Pot-au-feu’?
5. To the nearest thousand, how many McDonald’s restaurants are there worldwide?
Round 3 - “Lullaby covers”
The Music Round
Round 4 - Sports - “The Olympics”
1. How many individuals carried the Olympic torch around the UK in the run up to London 2012?
2. In what year was the first televised broadcast of the Olympic Games?
3. Name this British Olympic Athlete.
4. There are 5 Olympic rings, can you list the colours of the first 4 rings? (if looking left to right)
5. What is the meaning of the Olympic motto ‘Citius, Altius, Fortius’?
Round 5 - Arts & Culture - “I read it somewhere”
1. Spot the Shakespeare amongst the Fakespeare:
A. "One looks before one leaps."
B. “I will wear my heart upon my sleeve.”
C. "But for those who love, time is eternal."
D. "Expectation is the root of all heartache."
2. “The Eagle has landed” is a famous British Newspaper headline from which year?
3. Directed by Danny Boyle in 1996, which adaptation of the novel by Irvine Welsh, was a springboard to stardom for actors Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlysle?
4. This image is from the cover of which best selling book?
5. In Eric Carle’s famous children’s book, The Hungry Caterpillar, the caterpillar spends Monday to Friday eating his way through 1 apple, 2 pears, 3 plums, 4 strawberries and 5 oranges but can you list just 5 of the items that he ate on Saturday?